Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rosemary Rinse - Hair Growth Experiment - Week 1


Well, it's been a week now since my cousin, Lee, has been using "Rosemary Juice," the concoction I believe increases the thickness of the hair and "makes it grow."  I don't have any scientific data, no stats and very little detail on the benefits of rosemary on which to base my belief.  I have something better than that - my own two eyes.  I saw the results of the consistent application of a hair rinse infused with the herb for myself.  Read my prior article "Want to Grow Your Hair? Get a Rosemary Bush."

The scientific method requires that an event must be replicable to be declared valid so Lee has agreed to use this brew and allow me to track the progress (or lack thereof).  I will be enlisting other people to participate in my "study," including men.  If anyone is doing this experiment and would like to send me progress pics I would love to post them.

Anyway, the progress report is this - EXTRAORDINARY!    Lee used a 16 oz of the rosemary rinse every time she washed her hair over a course of eight days.  The picture above is a before pic. She had washed her hair and let it air-dry. Her hair has been bleached twice and she wants to strengthen it and grow it to BSL (bra-strap-length). 

When she came over this evening I was astounded by the difference in her hair.  It looked like it had been volumized with mousse or something but she says no, she just used her regular shampoo and conditioner and the rosemary rinse.  Besides the rosemary rinse the other difference in the before and after hair is that she blow-dried her hair instead of air-dried.  She said she could definitely see a difference and I could too:
If her  hair looks green to you that's only because of the poor lighting.  Outside pics with the sun are best.
Lee says she feels thicker roots and sees less shedded hair after only 8 days of use.
I made another batch of the rinse (see instructions in prior article), poured it in a recyled bottle and sent her back home with another week's supply. A glass container is preferable as the rinse can be poured while still warm.  If using a plastic bottle make sure that the liquid is completely cool to prevent any softening or melting of the plastic.

She gave the following tips:  She poured the liquid in a spray bottle and sprayed her scalp.  She felt this was a more efficient way to apply the rinse to the scalp and not waste it on the hair which is not needed.  Also, she said she didn't rinse out the rinse, just massaged her scalp.  Although she didn't say but I would recommend that you apply the rinse after the shampoo (when scalp pores are open) and before the conditioner, which should be applied mainly to the hair, not so much the scalp.

I'm really looking forward to seeing her hair next week and hopefully I can get some outside pics too.

To be continued.....